In case of an emergency, organizations reach out to the Primary Contact first. If the Primary (or Secondary Contact) cannot be reached, your organization can refer to an Alternate Contact.
- Alternate Contacts can be collected during registration or added outside registration by the Primary Contact or an administrative user.
Setting Up and Customizing Alternate Contacts
Alternate Contacts are enabled in the My Settings wizard (Settings menu > System / Management > My Settings). Once in the wizard, proceed to the About My Clients section where you can:
- Turn the Alternate Contacts feature on or off on the Alternate Contacts page
- Customize what Alternate Contact information is required and what is requested on the Alternate Contacts Setup page
When Alternate Contacts are enabled in the My Settings wizard, a page can be added to your registration process. Depending on your setup, this can be arranged in one of two ways:
- Through the Registration Page Order page in the Session Editing wizard for your session
- Through the Page Order Template found in the Settings menu > Session Templates > Page Order Templates
FAQ about Alternate Contacts
Can I change "Alternate Contacts" to "Emergency Contacts"?
Yes. Although we have found parents are likely to re-enter the primary contact information instead of adding someone else under the heading "Emergency Contact," you can change it by going to the Public Side and using Customize this Page to change the language on the following pages:
Can I create my own Alternate Contact form and use that instead?
Yes. You can use UltraCamp's Custom Online Forms to build a questionnaire that collects the information your preferred way. Just keep in mind that with UltraCamp's built-in feature for Alternate Contacts, integration with reporting and the Check-in / Check-out Tool is smooth and easy. This won't necessarily be true with your custom form. Additionally, with our built-in feature, a primary contact can enter unlimited Alternate Contacts, but a Custom Online Form will be limited by how many data fields you create.
Can I create a "Do Not Contact" list?
Yes. You can use UltraCamp's Custom Online Forms feature to collect information about individuals who should not be contacted on behalf of an account. However, we recommend training your staff to only reach out to specified contacts. This way you'll avoid having to check in multiple places for information as well as minimize data collection from your families.