Determine pricing and fee collection for the template. To set or change pricing and fees, you'll need to go to the Session Template Wizard.
To set up Pricing and Fees in the Session Template Wizard:
- Go to Settings menu.
- Expand Session Templates section.
- Click on Session Templates.
- Create a New Session Template or edit an existing template using the edit icon to the right of the desired template.
- Once in the wizard, you may need to click the "Begin" button in order to proceed to this page.* Otherwise, you will be taken there directly.
*Note: if you previously clicked "Do not display this page to me again", you will not see that page.
- In the left menu, click on Pricing and Fees.
For Group/Family based Templates and reservations, fees tend to be more complicated than Individual-based sessions.
Non-refundable fees are not designed to work with Group/Family sessions and should be avoided.
If a Basic Fee is entered, it will be charged per person on the Family Registration.
- Special pricing structures can be created to accommodate age or group size-based pricing as an alternative.
- Group pricing structures are created in the Settings menu and attached on a session/event basis.
If a non-refundable fee for a Group-based session needs to implemented:
- Use the Collect Another Amount feature to collect a deposit and adjust the Modification cutoff date to prevent clients from cancelling their own reservations.
- You and your staff may add in a non-refundable fee at the point of cancellation should that become necessary.
- For an Individual based Template and session, Total Fees are derived from the sum of the Non-refundable Fee and the Cost/Basic Fee.
- The Non-refundable Fee can work like a deposit and is kept as a fee when a client cancels a reservation on their own.
- All of the Cost/Basic Fee will be removed from a client’s statement if they cancel on their own.
Alternate Fee Labels
In the registration process, the Non-refundable Fee and Basic Fee will display as these terms.
- Using the Alternate Non-refundable Fee Label and the Alternate Basic Fee Label, however, you can replace the default terms with language of your own.
- These are fixed settings and will therefore affect all sessions/events created using this Session Template.
- The Alternate Price Description can be used to set text to display rather than the Total Fees as part of the selection and registration processes.
The Collection Method determines how much a client must pay before completing their reservation.
- The method of collection is a fixed setting, but the actual numerical amount is flexible and can vary based on your fees.
Collection Methods are as follows:
- Collect all fees when the reservation is made requires your clients to pay all fees at checkout in order to complete their registration.
- Require only the deposit collects the Non-refundable Fee as a minimum but also allows clients to pay more than the minimum—up to and including the full amount.
- Payment in Full or Payment Plan requires that the client pay for everything at checkout or sign up for a Payment Plan. Payment Plans are created elsewhere and added on a per session/event basis.
- Must Select a Payment Plan requires the client to choose a payment plan in order to complete their order. Payment Plans are created elsewhere and added on a per session/event basis.
Balance Forward Requirements
You can require that balance forwards be paid using the drop-down menu in the Session Templates wizard.
- Requiring that balance forwards from previous seasons be paid at registration for a new season’s session is a good way to prevent returning attendees from building up large amounts of outstanding debt from year to year.
- Selecting Collect any overdue balances will require payment for even current season reservations to be paid before selecting a new one.
An Allocation Account can be set in the Session Template as a default for all sessions scheduled from this template.
- Scheduled sessions can have their allocation account changed on a case-by-case basis.
- To set an Allocation Account, select it from the dropdown menu.
Allocation Accounts are created in the Settings menu > Accounting > Custom Allocation Accounts.
- They can be connected to sessions either in the Session Templates wizard or in the Session Editing wizard.
Paid in Full Reminders
UltraCamp can generate Paid in Full reminder emails automatically from an email template in the system.
- Up to 3 reminders can be scheduled.
- These emails will trigger based on the specified Paid in Full Due Date (which is set up on a per session basis in the scheduling process).
- You can set how many days before that specified date these messages will send.
- UltraCamp uses a default reminder email template (which is personalized to each individual record), but you can replace this with a template of your own design.
Example: Default Reminder Email Text
This is a friendly reminder that the following reservation must be paid in full before [Paid-in-Full Due Date].
[Session Name] [Attendee Name]
Your current reservation balance is $[Amount]. To access your account and make a payment, click here.
If you have questions, please contact [Organization Name] at [General Phone Number] or via email at [General Camp Email].