The Copy Session Settings wizard can be used to copy specific settings from one existing session to another existing session. This can speed your setup process in situations where multiple sessions share settings in common. Any past or current session can have settings copied to an upcoming session.
To find the Copy Session Settings tool:
- Go to the Tools menu and expand the Additional Tools section.
- Click Copy Session Settings.
Using the Copy Session Settings Wizard
The Copy Session Settings tool is a wizard that guides you through the copy process. Follow these steps to copy a session's settings to another session:
- Depending on your settings, you may need to click Begin to start the wizard.
- Select a Source Session using the drop-down menus.
- The Select Session drop-down menu displays which sessions you can choose from.
- You can adjust which sessions are available by using the Filter drop-down menus.
- UltraCamp defaults the Filter Year to the current year, but you can select any year with scheduled sessions.
- Select one or more Destination Sessions by checking the box to the left of each session.
- Indicate which Items to Copy by checking the appropriate boxes.
- A zero next to an item indicates that nothing has been scheduled for that setting
- Click the Complete button to process the copy.
You can now exit the wizard or repeat Steps 2 through 5 to copy settings from a different session.
Copying Session Settings is an additive action and will not delete existing settings on the Destination such as discounts and options. However, the tool can overwrite existing aspects during the copy process such as fees and dates.
Watch a Video: Using the Copy Session Settings Wizard
Copy Session Settings Terms and Settings
The Source Session is the session you will be copying settings from.
The Destination Session(s) will be the session or sessions you are copying to.
The Items to Copy are the various settings and features you are copying from the Source Session to the Destination Session(s).
- If you copy dated items from a previous year, like Modification Cutoff Date or Paid-in-full Due Date, you will need to change the date in settings.
- If you copy discounts or options that have dates or pricing structures associated with them, these will copy as well. You will need to update these dates if copied from a previous year.
Items to Copy Descriptions and Details
- Description: This will copy the Session Description from the Basic Info page in the Session Editing Wizard.
- Modification Cutoff Date: This will copy the modification cutoff date from the Dates page in the Session Editing Wizard. Note: this copy includes the year.
- Cancellation Cutoff Date: This will copy the cancellation cutoff date from the Dates page in the Session Editing Wizard. Note: this copy includes the year.
- Fees / Payment Settings: This will copy settings from both the Fees page in the Session Editing wizard. This includes the Non-Refundable Fee, Basic Fee, Group Pricing Structure, Alternate Price Description, etc.
- Paid-in-full Due Date: This will copy the paid-in-full due date from the Payment Options page in the Session Editing Wizard. Note: this copy includes the year.
- Payment Plans: This will copy all payment plans from the Payment Options page in the Session Editing Wizard.
- Confirmation Settings: This will copy all settings from the Confirmations page in the Session Editing Wizard. This includes the Email Notification, PDF Attachment, and Additional Documents. Note: This item has no effect if a Confirmation Template is being used by the Source Session.
- Page Order: This will copy the settings from the Registration Page Order page in the Session Editing Wizard. Note: This item has no effect if a Page Order Template is being used by the Source Session.
- Discounts: This copies all discounts from the Discounts page in the Session Editing Wizard. Note: This will also copy Begin and End Dates for discounts, including the year.
- Activities: This will duplicate the Activity Group assigned on the Activities page of the Session Editing Wizard for the source session. Note: This will NOT share activities between this session and the source session.
- Membership Groups: This will copy assigned membership groups from the Membership Information page in the Session Editing Wizard.
- Options: This will copy all options along with their dates and fee settings as set on the Options page in the Session Editing Wizard.
- Required Forms: This will copy the Required Forms from the page of the same name in the Session Editing Wizard.
- Processes: This will copy all attached processes from the Processes page in the Session Editing Wizard.
- Additional Fees / Taxes: This will copy all assigned Add On Fees from the source session. Note: This does not copy Seasonal Fees.
- Custom Questions: This will copy all assigned Session Custom Questions from the source session. Session Custom Questions can be added/removed through the Scheduling menu > Custom Questions > Session Custom Questions