UltraCamp uses Price Definitions to make assigning a cost to facilities easy. While you can enter a price directly to a facility, a price definition can look at Begin and End Times and quantity and calculate the price for you.
Setting up Price Definitions
To set up Price Definitions, you will need to take the following steps:
- Navigate to the Settings menu, expand the System / Management section and click on Retreat / Conference Settings.
- In the wizard, go to the Price Definitions page in the Pricing section.
- Click the icon to Add Price Definition.
- Enter a Name for the Price Definition and default Price.
- [Optional] Check the box for Per Item / Person for pricing that is based on a quantity.
- Indicate the Price Frequency.
- Per Use charges the price for each time the facility is added to a reservation.
- Per Hour charges the price for each hour calculated by the Begin Time and End Time of the facility.
- Per 24 Hours charges the price for each 24 hours (or portion thereof) calculated by the Begin Time and End Time of the facility.
- Per Night charges the price once for each night for which the facility is reserved calculated by the Begin and End Date.
- Click the Insert button.
You can add multiple Price Definitions by following these steps but may need to click the Cancel button if you wish to edit a definition you've already added.
Once you are satisfied with your Price Definitions, you will need to connect them to your Facilities to actively use them.
Connecting Price Definitions
To connect your Price Definitions, take the following steps:
- Go to the Settings menu, expand the Facilities Templates section, and click Facility Templates.
- Click on the desired facility.
- In the Retreat / Conference Center Reservation Defaults section, check the box for the Price Definition(s) you wish to add.
- Click the Save Facility button.
Now when you add a facility to a Retreat Reservation, you will have the option to choose this Price Definition from the dropdown menu.
FAQ for Price Definitions
Why isn't my Price Definition showing when I go to add facilities to a reservation?
The most common reason is that the Price Definition has not been connected to the facility you are adding. Double check to make sure the proper price definition is checked on the facility template.
What Price Frequency should I use for meals?
The most common Price Frequency for meals is Per Use. This will charge your price rate for each time the meal is added to the reservation.
What Price Frequency should I use for my lodging?
In most cases, lodging will use Per Night as the price frequency. This will charge your price for each night that lodging is used during the retreat reservation. If you are charging a flat rate instead of a nightly rate, choose the Per Use price frequency instead.