Collecting and accessing allergy information about your attendees can be a critical part of your organization's operation. UltraCamp offers several tools to make this information simple to enter for your families and easy to access for your staff:
- Customizable questions for data collection
- Integrated medical information access
- Custom Reporting
While there are several ways to use these tools, we recommend the following approach to collecting and managing allergy information:
- Set up a Custom Online Form to collect allergy information.
- Connect the Allergy question(s) to UltraCamp's integrated Medical settings.
With this approach, you can then take advantage of UltraCamp's integrated and custom reporting tools to easily access this key data.
Step 1: Set up a Custom Online Form
To collect allergy information, we recommend using a custom online form. You can use an existing form or create a new one. With the form set properly, you can add one or more allergy questions to collect the necessary information.
To create or manage a custom online form, take the following steps:
- Go to the Settings menu and expand the System / Management section.
- Click My Forms.
- Click Create a new form or the edit icon next to an existing form
To collect allergy information on a form, you will need to make sure the form you use has the following settings:
On the Basic Information page, make sure you have the following settings:
- The form is set to Individual in the dropdown menu For Individual or Account.
- The box for Contains Medical Information is checked.
- [Optional] Both boxes in the Visibility section can be checked.
- The box for Enabled is checked.
Remember to click the Complete button to save any changes.
On the Layout page, you'll need to add one or more questions to collect the allergy data.
If you have already created Custom Question Templates for collecting allergy information, you can use the Add existing question link to add these questions to your form.
If you have not created custom question templates, take the following steps:
- Click the link to Add a new question.
- In the popup window, enter the information and settings for the question.
- [Optional] Check the box to require this question on the Public Side.
- Click the Save Question button.
You can add multiple questions this way.
Remember to click the Complete button to save your changes.
This form can now be added to your registration process or accessed directly from within an account.
When asking questions about allergy information, we recommend using at least two questions to improve the success of gathering information:
- A radio-button type question that asks, "Does this person have allergies?" with the options to answer Yes or No. This question should be required on the Public Side.
- A follow-up question that says, "If yes, please describe the allergy, reaction, and treatment here." This question is not typically required.
You can learn more about setting up Custom Online Forms here.
Step 2: Connecting Allergy Information
In order to make the most of the allergy information you are collecting, you can connect your allergy form questions as Form Excerpts.
To create a Form Excerpt, do the following:
- Go to the Settings menu and expand the Custom Questions section.
- Click Form Excerpts.
- Select the Form from Step 1 in the dropdown menu.
- Select the allergy Question in the dropdown.
- In the Select Placement Location dropdown, choose "Allergy Information."
- [Optional] Enter a Display Rank to control how allergy questions and answers are displayed.
- Click the Add Excerpt button to save your changes.
You can repeat steps 3-7 to add multiple questions to the Allergy Information section.
You will now be able to review allergy-related answers from the selected questions in places where UltraCamp specifies "Allergy Information." This includes:
- The Medical Information section of the Person Detail page.
You can also report on this information using the Custom Report Builder.